Cimetrol Super – Superior Bedbug Control
Cimetrol was always considered the best product for bedbug control and now it is back!. The new reformulated product is called Cimetrol Super and today we will look what makes this a great product to control bed bugs and other crawling insects.
What is Cimetrol Super?
Cimetrol Super is the next generation of product for the control of insects. Formulated as an oil-in-water emulsion incorporating a micro-capsule suspension, it provides the best of both worlds. It allows rapid access of the active ingredient to the insect through the oil-in-water emulsion, while providing long-lasting and predictable residual control with the micro-encapsulates.
What does Cimetrol Super contain?
Cimetrol Super contains the following active ingredients:
- Cypermethrin 25% w/w -a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide that behaves as a fast-acting neurotoxin.
- Tetramethrin 10% w/w -a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide that behaves as a fast-acting neurotoxin.
- Piperonyl butoxide 20% w/w – a synergist that enhances the potency of pyrethroids.
- Pyriproxyfen 1% w/w – an insect growth regulator that prevents larvae from developing into adulthood and thus rendering them unable to reproduce.
What insects will Cimetrol Super control?
Cimetrol Super will control the following insects:
- Beetles(and their larvae)
- Moths (and their larvae)
Where can Cimetrol Super be used?
Cimetrol Super can be used inside all domestic premises commercial and industrial premises including:
- Dormitories and sleeping areas
- Hospitals (excluding occupied wards)
- Military establishments
- Food storage and processing areas
How to dilute Cimetrol Super
Add a small quantity of water to a suitable compression sprayer and then add Cimetrol Super according to the table below. Add the remainder of the water, close the sprayer securely, shake to mix contents. Pressurise according to the sprayer manufacturer’s instructions. One litre of ready-for-use spray treats 20 square metres of surface. Make up spray as required. Do not store spray overnight.
|Target Pest||Cimetrol Super||Water||Comments|
|Maintenance or ‘spot’ treatment
Attack or ’clean-out’ treatment
|25ml||5 Litres||For the control of ‘resting insects’|
How to apply Cimetrol Super
Apply as a coarse low pressure spray. Some surfaces will absorb more spray, e.g. brickwork or concrete, whereas surfaces such as metal or plastic will allow spray to easily ‘run off’ significantly reducing the deposit rate of the active material on the surface. Several passes of a light spray each allowed to dry is more effective when treating non-porous surfaces.
How to control bedbugs with Cimetrol Super
- Newly hatched nymphs are translucent and become browner as they moult and reach maturity.
- A bedbug nymph of any age that has just consumed a blood meal has a bright red, translucent abdomen.
- Adult bedbugs are light brown to reddish-brown, flattened, oval-shaped.
- Bedbugs have segmented abdomens and a banded appearance.
- Adults grow to 4–5 mm long and 1.5–3 mm wide.
To control bedbugs with Cimetrol Super apply spray to harbourages and resting places on bedframes, headboards and to cracks and crevices around or near the sleeping area. Pay special attention to any loose wall coverings near the sleeping area and to cracks and crevices in bedroom fittings and furniture. Treat under loose floor coverings and around doorframes, picture frames and wall cupboards etc.
How to control fleas with Cimetrol Super
Flea infestations can be not only annoying for both dogs and cats and humans, but also very dangerous. Problems caused by fleas may range from mild to severe itching and discomfort to skin problems and infections.
- Adults of both sexes range from 1–2 mm long
- Usually a reddish-brown colour
- Compressed laterally allowing it to slip between the sometimes dense hairs of its host
Prior to applying Cimetrol Super, thoroughly vacuum the area and seal the contents of the vacuum bag before disposal in the refuse. Apply spray to carpets and soft furnishings, including the underside of cushions and to areas regularly occupied by domestic animals.
How to control cockroaches and other crawling insects with Cimetrol Super
Apply to areas where insects are found, e.g. skirting boards,storage areas, around water pipes, doorframes, window frames, around and behind refrigerators, cabinets, sinks, stoves and the underside of drawers and shelves and to cracks and crevices behind wall-mounted units or fixtures.
Cimetrol Super downloads
Where to buy Cimetrol Super
Cimetrol Super for Bed Bugs can be purchased online now.
Cimetrol Super Offers
Receive a free Type 5/6 Cover when you order Cimetrol Super. Insert promo code CIMS0816 on the order summary checkout page. Offer valid until 31st August 2016.